Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Welcome to the revolution...not really.

Imagine if you will a world where anyone can post their thoughts at any given moment for anyone in the world to read, ponder and decide "this guy is a moron." Welcome to the world of tomorrow, people. I've yet to find myself an inspiring project to rationalize the effort of consistent blogging, but let's see where this one builds too.

I've tried different types of writing projects that just wear down quickly. I tried to write a reverse story on livejournal and quickly abandoned it. It felt too much like building a puzzle and trying to make the connecting sections so obvious that it began to feel like I began each subsequent post with "Previously, on this failed writing project...". I also tried a shared blog also with livejournal to trade off on writing a story section by section with a friend which quickly became absurd. I have additional ideas that have not yet fully filled out like a story on a neighborhood coming from each house resident's past leading them to the mysterious style neighborhood. It feels like I'm trying to recreate Lost without having a hook for why anyone should care about the place, but someday it may come to me.

Additionally, I used the old pencil to paper method a month or so back and scrawled an outline for three chapters of a story that started to sound suspiciously similar to the Joss Whedon project "Dollhouse", so that idea still needs some work to make it feel original.

With all of that said, I will try and utilize this space to write original pieces and ideas that come to mind and, if anyone out there comes to find any of these ideas interesting and think they are worth of a full blown piece, I can revisit them. I shall call this the critics corner where everyone can tear my stuff to pieces and I will hopefully learn from it. Target centered. And go...

No comments: